Thursday, April 28, 2011

BP # 14

Object -
My most prized possession and favorite object is my MacBook Pro. I really love everything about this laptop. The design is very satisfying and aesthetically pleasing. The anti-glare screen is amazing when working outside on a beautiful day (which I like to do quite often). The graphics are awesome; very vivid and sharp. And since I'm attending school for graphic design, I feel this computer is the best option for me to use and to get the most quality out of my work. I also find it pleasing to know of all of the things that can be done on this computer and it holds pretty much all of the work that I have done thus far. 


Space -
My favorite space has come to be the large tree with the tree swing inside. I find it to be a cool and refreshing space; it's really nice to go to just to get away from the "stresses" of college and catch up on quality alone time on a nice day. It's quiet, so if you wanted to read a book or just enjoy a nice, quiet afternoon by yourself (surrounded by nature) it's the perfect space for it. Also, I enjoy going there to "chill" and talk to friends while escaping the hot weather. I share a lot of great UNCG memories with this space



Building -
One of my favorite building during the course of this class is the Robie House by Frank Lloyd Wright. The design is very asymmetrically balanced and eye-appealing. I was inspired by the  fact that Wright did the design his way and wasn't afraid to go against the norms of the time. The structure is quite unique in many aspects and I appreciate that; for example,  the hip roofs have been flattened the fireplace is located in the center making it the main visual aspect of the building. Another feature that I really admire in this building in the simple geometry used and linearity and stacking of it.


Place - 
My favorite place to visit is Savannah, GA. I attended SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) in Savannah before transferring here. I absolutely love this city! The weather is always nice, and sunny; although, the humidity can be a bit unbearable at times. The location of the my school was the perfect distance from the beach and the gusts of wind we got felt wonderful on a hot day. All of the old fashioned candy sold on River Street really makes me feel somewhat of how the candy was when my parents were little and the city buildings and lights are beautiful in the night time. I really enjoy walking up and down the streets of Savannah and just taking a break to sit in one of the park squares and soak up all the beauty and nature the city has to offer. The architecture and history that lies within this city is phenomenal. And all of the memories I share in this city with my friends and uncle are priceless.
SCAD Theater
Forsyth Park

No comments:

Post a Comment